Saturday, February 09, 2008

John Piper on False Teachers



In his Epistle to the Romans, the Apostle Paul warned the early Christians to watch out for false teachers:

NKJ Romans 16:17-18 "Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple."

I recently ran across a video of John Piper explaining Paul's meaning in this passage, in particular verse 18, and I thought the blog's readers might appreciate it as much as I did.

2 comments:

  1. That was a good video. The scripture also describes the devil not as this red hideous creature with horns, but rather disguised as a beautiful Angel of Light. Something we would actually be attracted too rather than be scared of. It is true that most False Teachers have very charismatic personalities which you can be very unpopular person to call them for what they really are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently listening to all of Piper's sermons on Romans. My soul has been nourished by his teaching.

    Of course I am a little biased because I work for Logos Bible Software and I actually give out discounts on a ton of Piper's books every day.

    -Don Hammons
    800-875-6467 ext. 2339

    ReplyDelete