Friday, March 07, 2008

Zane Anderson's Review of Pagan Christianity

Zane Anderson of the House Church Network recently published a helpful review of Pagan Christianity: Exploring the Roots of Our Church Practices, by Frank Viola and George Barna. The review is entitled Pagan Christianity: Real Hope or Shrill Hype.

Although Anderson is himself an advocate of the House-Church Movement, and I certainly would not agree with him on a number of things, it is refreshing to find a voice among them that avoids some of the more extreme conclusions reached by men such as Viola.

As the regular readers of this blog know, I have been responding critically to some of the common views of the movement as set forth by men such as Steve Atkerson and Beresford Job, and I hope that these men too would distance themselves from some of the extreme and outrageous arguments of men like Viola and Barna. At any rate, I think it behooves me in all fairness to inform my readers of such a dissenting voice as Anderson's from within the movement itself, especially since -at least with regard to Pagan Christianity - I am in pretty close agreement with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment