Saturday, April 23, 2016

To Eat or Not to Eat?

I didn’t ever think I would read a book on the theology of food; but after reading “To Eat or Not to Eat?” by Curtis Knapp, I not only can say that I have, but I can say that I really enjoyed it. What I like best about the book is that the author is thoroughly Scriptural and balanced. If you are wanting to know more about this subject, or if you know someone who is easily swayed by those who wants to make whole foods the 13th spiritual discipline of the Christian faith, then I warmly recommend this book to you.   

Here is the book's description, and here is where you can order it. 

In a day in which concerns about health and nutrition abound, various experts have emerged to offer us dietary prescriptions. Some use the Bible to reinforce their dietary “commandments,” but have they rightly interpreted God’s Word? The postion of this book is that they have not, and that their teaching – which the author calls “Nutritianity” – are dangerous.

Nutritianity is a “religion” of dietary laws that subtly encourages us to worship our bodies and promises purity, long life and “salvation” from disease through proper nutrition. Christianity, on the other hand, is a religion commanding us to worship the one true God and showing us how to have salvation and abundant life in Jesus Christ. The two religions are diametrically opposed, but both claim the Bible as a textbook.

What does the Bible really say about food? Are there certain foods God does not want me to eat? The author addresses these questions and more in the hopes of helping Christians enjoy the liberty God has given them.

No comments:

Post a Comment